All challenging biopsy cases are reviewed at the consensus conference to arrive at the most accurate diagnosis.
personalized service and world class expertise
• Comprehensive diagnostic workup from three expert nephropathologists. [click here to obtain downloadable forms]
|Brinkhous Bullitt Building CB#7525
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
1. Preliminary results and important observations are immediately communicated by telephone during the diagnostic workup.
2. Instant access to all biopsy reports: written preliminary reports are faxed and are available via our secure internet server within 24 hours of biopsy receipt.
3. Final reports are faxed, mailed, and also available via our secure internet server as soon as completed.
The UNC Kidney Center
The primary mission of the UNC Kidney Center is to reduce the burden of chronic kidney diseases. Dr. Ronald Falk is the director of the UNC Kidney Center and leads an interdisciplinary team to provide unparalleled patient care. The UNC Nephropathology faculty are members of this dynamic group of professionals. Clinicopathologic correlation of all renal biopsies interpreted at the UNC Division of Neprhopathology and in-depth consultations regarding patient management and treatment regimens are available from Dr. Falk and Dr. Nachman on request.
Ronald J. Falk, MD
D.J. Thurston Professor of Medicine
Chief, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
(p) 919.966.2561 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Nachman, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
(p) 919.966.2561 (e) email@example.com
• Free mailing kits that contain preservatives and fixatives are provided in groups of 4. To request kits, please contact us at 919-966-2421.
• Kits are bundled with a copy of our detailed memorandum, material safety data sheets, a referral form for both native and transplant biopsies (2 separate forms), and pre-printed FedEx shipping labels for free return shipment to UNC.